Friday, 6 July 2012

Update

Life is a little crazy at the moment. I am in my last week a work - wow - it's so hard to believe that after nearly 7 years of flying I won't have to get up at all different horrible times. I will be at home everday, get to spend quality time with my beautfiul parnter, get to enjoy Christmas off for the first time EVER and of course get to have the most important role in my life a DADDY! I have accessed 2 years parental leave and, depending on the flexiablity of the airline, will go back to work 2 days a week when our beautiful babies turn 2. I have so many people at work dying to see the first pictures, hear the updates, it's been so amazing to have so much support from my friends, family and beautiful work colleagues. My Mum is so excited, you can't keep her from calling me 3 times a day! She will be the most wonderful Grandmother and my full time help, we are so lucky to have her in our lives, the children will be very spoilt. A few days ago we surprised my sister (soon to be aunty) with a ticket to Delhi. She was over the moon, tears of joy! It was important for us to have her there with us, as we embark on the most amazing journey of our lives. She, like my Mum, is just so excited and to have them all there is going to be more then we could ever ask for. Now the update ........ our beautiful Surrogate carrying our twins is still in hospital, the poor thing has been in hospital for 3 weeks. It been really such a rough hard time for us, just hoping the twins can get to 32 weeks, just hanging out for the daily email to come from the clinic. It has been hard to sleep, dying to wait and see what is going to happen next. She still is getting medication to stop her mild contraction, as well as a range of other medications to keep her healthy and stable for the pregnancy. It really makes us think about how special these beautiful women are, to have to go through this journey and give you the most important special gift you could ever give another human being. The twins are 31 weeks and 3 days, so Tuesday will be a great day if our little twins are still hanging in there! Our other beautiful Surrogate, carrying our singleton, is having a very smooth pregnancy. She is 34 weeks and 6 days. Our singleton is a very healthy weight and it all seems to be going along just perfectly. The plan ....... Mum and myself will fly to New Delhi as soon as we hear the twins are coming or are born (which could be any day) and my parnter and my sister are booked to arrive in New Delhi on the 24th of July, 2 days after our singleton is 37 weeks! Bags are all packed just here, waiting now! Nursery ... just waiting for the custom made cot sets and a rug and we are all complete - will post pictures when it arrives!

9 comments:

  1. Hey guys I just came across your blog, wishing you the very best, exciting times getting ready for baby pick up!! Ps congrats on your new home it's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting times! I hope the twins hang out as long as possible before making their appearance. Good luck guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks amazing!! Having spot of trouble reading your post not sure if it's my iPad or my ageing eyes? Probably both. But all the very best guys!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah now I can read it properly! Something just changed! Ignore last post ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing your Twin Surrogate health and strength to stay pregnant as long as possible and more smooth sailing to your singleton. Keep us all posted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to here the twins and still snuggled up with your SM, hope they stay put a few more weeks . Grow babies grow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh so exciting to be on the final stretch, hoping those little munchkins stay put for as long as possible. Congrats !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. FIngers crossed!
    I'm planning on heading back to Perth for a few days in early August but I will miss you.
    Can't wait to see all the pics.
    Adrian

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.